Sunday, April 24, 2011

The One With The Easter Wishes

Hoppy Easter everyone!!


Charming's mother made us Easter baskets which was a welcome surprise. We aren't ones to really celebrate Easter much, so the baskets full of goodies and chocolate were a great treat. However I did manage to go to church and create an Easter egg hunt for Charming when he got home from work last night. I used springly colored wrapped Reese Cups and hid them around our house. Half the work was trying to keep the cats from giving away all my careful hiding spots. Those furry girls are great seekers, especially for things they shouldn't be seeking. Charming had a great time finding them all and I only had to "help" him with the last few. The Easter egg hunt was done every year in my parents' house and I have done it every year since I left home, carrying on the tradition. We may be adults but we can still have fun like children.

Today we went to Charming's mother's house for Easter dinner. Ham, cheesy potatoes, steamed broccoli, strawberry shortcake and carrot cake (in honor of the Easter Bunny.) Charming managed to eat almost everything and felt fine afterward, which is huge progress. I am still planning on posting about the whole debacle regarding his condition soon. I just need a bit more time to process all the craziness.

So Happy Easter! My your hearts be filled with joy and your baskets filled with chocolate!


2 Deposits in the Crazy Bin:

TonjiaT said...

Happy Easter!!! so glad Charming is feeling better.

mmmmm reeses peanut butter cups!!! Is Charming sharing ???

Fraulein N said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Now I'm thinking we should do Easter baskets next year. The mister LOVES candy.