Friday, March 4, 2011

The One With The Birthday Wishes

We interrupt my non-blogging to bring you this important message.

Today is Charming's birthday!!

He turns 36, but I am sure he did not want me to post that. Oh well.

I really wanted this year's birthday celebrations to be extra special considering I messed up big time last year with my leg deciding to give out during the infamous Dinner Turn and Snap and then days spent in doctor's offices, MRIs and X-rays. Not how I had planned his special day. So I went all out this year and planned a surprise get together at a local martini lounge on Wednesday night. I got Premium Bar service for ourselves and my brother (which I highly recommend if you ever come to Vegas, talk to me about this incredible service because it was well worth it! Private area, table and waitress and all we wanted to drink for 2 hours, about $35 a person!) and invited a bunch of people to join us throughout the night to celebrate. I even had a cake all planned for the big birthday moment.

I invited 22 people.

3 showed up. And one I didn't want there AT ALL.

Needless to say I was pissed and devastated. Then mortified when I had to recruit strangers from the next table to sing happy birthday to my guy because no one else was there. I felt horrible, but Charming said he still had a blast and that the thought was what counted. That I tried to make it spectacular was enough for him.

He is amazing.

Which is why I don't deserve such a fabulous man such as he and why I hope everyone today takes a moment out of their day to wish this amazing person Happy Birthday.

He is my one and only, my better half, my love and best friend.


Happy Birthday Poo!


2 Deposits in the Crazy Bin:

TonjiaT said...

Happy Birthday Charming!! And that, is why you made the RIGHT decision about that position at work.

He is more important, and your relationship is your #1 priority and you, my friend, are an amazing wife!

I wish you both a blessed 2011 and if anyone needs all the good luck we can all churn up its you two.

Take time out often and just tell him how much he means to you....

Unknown said...

Awww, I can relate to this. planning and thinking how to make a day extra special and end up in not-so-fun result. But still, you have probably point your birthday messages across to him. That's he's special to you.