Monday, May 9, 2011

The One With The Packing

Well...no call from the property manager.

*frowny face*

I am not surprised because that is our luck. We were resigned to the fact we would be in the other house and the Dream House is not for us right now. And we'll make it work because we always do. It'll be fine.

So now we are packing up a storm. And I am finding more and more stuff to get rid of. I guess that is the one good things about moving. It's a great way to purge.

I am a little befuddled though. Last year when we packed up our house I gathered seven huge black garbage bags filled with clothes, shoes and purses. This year I filled three more! I don't think we acquired that much more items of clothing so I am thinking I did not get rid of as much as I should have last time. Charming was just happy he still had something left to cover his cute behind.

The cats are confused but loving the adventure of climbing over the mountains of boxes and laying in newly emptied shelves. The upstairs is almost done, except our closet and bathroom which I plan to tackle tonight. The downstairs will hopefully be finished by Wednesday and then we can work on the garage before we get the keys the 17th and can start moving boxes in. But even with all the stuff packed up it looks like we haven't done anything. I don't remember having this much stuff, but we just keep plugging away. Our plan is to have the majority of the boxes moved over there before we get the big truck on the 21st so all we have to move is the furniture. It is a nice plan. Not sure we will be able to carry it off.

Then after we move in we are going to have a garage sale the 28th to get rid of everything we don't need. Between the 21st and the 28th we will clean and patch holes and paint to match so the house looks better than when we got it and we will be sure to get our full deposit back. Also we need to get the carpets cleaned. So if we time everything right it should all work out.

It's the little things I worry about. All the addresses we need changed, the calls to make about moving phones, cable, security systems. And there is some stuff we have to do at this house too, like install a water softener because it does not have one. But it will all get done. Because we always get things done.

See, I'm trying to be zen!


3 Deposits in the Crazy Bin:

Marie said...

Sounds like you are very busy but handling it pretty well!! Keep up the good work!! Love you and miss you lots!!

TonjiaT said...

you guys can do this! We have a move staring us in the face in July too. I swore I would never move again after we moved from PA to CO in 2007...

I hope that old battle axe that stole the other house from you gets explosive diarrhea in public!!

Hang in there Amanda!

Fraulein N said...

I like that you are staying so calm. Very good way to approach something new in life.